Good news fellow book junkies! Our favourite warehouse sale is back, where you can grab brand new reads at ridiculous prices. From the very same folks who brought us the super amazing SG50 Box Sale, the SG Book Deals Books Warehouse Sale is back… including the all-you-can-fill Box Sale!
Yes, like OMG. Remember last year’s crazy sale event over the Jubilee weekend? Everything was cleared 2 days before the slated end of the event! People queued from the first floor all the way up to the entrance and the clever ones brought trolleys (you know how heavy books can get)! So this time around, come early to avoid disappointment – but don’t be so kiasu that you plan to camp overnight!
Refer to the above poster for the warehouse address (yes it is the same venue as last year), date (mark your calendars… it’s happening real soon!) and operation hours (please respect their time too). More updates about the event will be shared via www.facebook.com/sgbookdeals so check it out 😉 But meanwhile, here’s some reliable inside information to give you a good head start…
According to the organisers of SG Book Deals Books Warehouse Sale 2016:
- 1 for $8
- 3 for $20
- Some books at the main hall may have price tags, but ignore the price tags.
- Box sale at $50 each – yes the box sale is back!
- Excludes all items in the flash sales room.
- No reservations are allowed. Unpurchased boxes will be emptied and books will be returned to the tables for sale.
- Quality books, mostly brand new – Fiction, Baby & Toddler, Readers, Young Adult, Professional & IT, Business, Lifestyle, Cookbooks, Crafts & Hobbies, Travel, Christian.
- Customers can expect a sale very similar to last year’s range.
Flash Sales Room:
- A new addition this year!
- Look out for special deals for box sets and individually priced items.
- Prices start from $1!
- Might not be open 24/7; only when we have items up for flash deals!
How to get there:
- We suggest taking the public transport as parking lots are limited, on a first-come-first-served basis.
- It is very accessible to get to the sale by bus/mrt from Bishan.
- Please see location map (above).
If you need more details, feel free to contact the organiser directly. They’re really awesome folks so remember to be nice – There was some drama last year when people started stealing other people’s trolleys and rummaging through other customer’s books already in named boxes. So play nice people, and don’t be rude to the staff on duty because they’re human too. Lets make this a fun experience!
Before I sign off, I thought I’d share that this local author will be there, so if you see me at the event, don’t be a stranger 😉 I’d love to chat with a fellow book lover… See you there!